Series
Categories
Shop Now
My Picks
follow Archives

Friday, March 7, 2014

PARISIAN

Hey loves! I'm gradually trying to get back into the swing of regular Friday Art + Stories. This particular piece is the result of edits I made from an original drawing I created while huddled in the seat of a train speeding toward beautiful Paris from the starting point of London.

This one is called Parisian. It reminds of of the song "Belle" by Jack Johnson. Enjoy!
I slowly opened my eyes, trying to recall where I was. My seat hummed as the train sped through the vibrant streaks of yellow flowers in the grassy plain spread throughout the windows, and I remembered that this wasn't the landscape of Texas. Paris! I remembered. We were on our way to Paris!

From the moment we jumped into the tiny cab that zoomed us to the hotel the first sunny afternoon in the city, I had already fallen love. There are just too many great memories here, from the children chirping "Merci!" while holding onto parents' hands, savoring the last sweet bites of pastel macaroons, joining the crowds admiring famous pieces from the art world, laughing with smiling waiters while attempting to communicate what we wanted to devour,  hearing the violinists' serenades echo through the cool tunnels of the Métro, watching the light linger in the skies late into the night, sitting in the small cafes while sipping warm coffee, and wandering the quietly-lit streets after nightfall. 

Until we meet again, Paris, I'll remember you for certain. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...